In response to:
Actually, while on the second point - about Assad's forces not beheading people in the street - you are correct, I'm not so skeptical about Assad using WMDs of any sort on his own people. That kind of thing happens over there (Saddam did it before Desert Storm, which is why he was the target of UN resolutions). Middle Eastern leaders rarely care about international opinion, particularly the ones who are generally anti-American (which includes Assad - a major ally of Iran). In fact, as you can see, there really HASN'T been a whole lot of international condemnation, never mind threats of violence. We're pretty much the only ones considering it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 11 hours ago