In response to:
Actually, while on the second point - about Assad's forces not beheading people in the street - you are correct, I'm not so skeptical about Assad using WMDs of any sort on his own people. That kind of thing happens over there (Saddam did it before Desert Storm, which is why he was the target of UN resolutions). Middle Eastern leaders rarely care about international opinion, particularly the ones who are generally anti-American (which includes Assad - a major ally of Iran). In fact, as you can see, there really HASN'T been a whole lot of international condemnation, never mind threats of violence. We're pretty much the only ones considering it.
- Video: A huge executive amnesty for illegals would be a big mistake, says … Ed Schultz? Allahpundit 27 minutes ago
- Grimes: Iron Dome really helps defend against the tunnels, or something Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Is the world giving up on a two-state solution? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Are the culture wars really just about sex? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- “A**holes”: Turns out Lois Lerner’s not a fan of conservative talk radio or its listeners Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- AP poll: 52% say border kids fleeing gang violence shouldn’t be treated as refugees Allahpundit 3 hours ago