George Zimmerman did what he would have had to in a Soviet court - prove himself innocent after a presumption of guilt. The DOJ bringing charges down on him should be an impeachable offense for Holder and fireable for whatever attorneys choose to pursue it - on the grounds of harrassment and wrongful prosecution. Everyone's saying "the prosecution couldn't make the case" because, just like in the Duke Rape Case and the Tawana Brawley case, there was no case to make. When Zimmerman shot Martin, he acted not out of malice, but out of fear. Was it the right decision? Maybe, maybe not. None of us were there, none of us will ever know. HE may never know. What we do know is that Martin was not shot in the back (as has been reported) he was not shot in cold blood (as has been alleged) and he was not SHOT because he was black (the whole point of the story). He was followed because he was black, but he was shot because he became violent. Had he not been shot, we'd probably be having MARTIN'S murder trial, and we'd have the same racial divisions we have now. Whites would say that Martin attacked and killed a man who presented no physical threat. Blacks would either accuse Zimmerman of starting the fight, or of "stalking" Martin (as they have done now), thus justifying Martin's attack (as they have done now).
- Russia and others: testing the limits? Bruce McQuain 31 minutes ago
- Open thread: Obama to speak on Ukraine after imposing sanctions Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- National Journal: Hillary resets on Russia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- US to give up control over Internet Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Flight 370 dropped to 5,000 feet to evade radar Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Crimea declares independence, applies for Russian reunion Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago