Last week the Obama administration issued a bogus compromise on the contraception mandate in ObamaCare through Health and Human Services. The deal? Institutions deemed "religious" by the government get a pass while businesses morally opposed to the mandate still must provide insurance plans to employees that provide contraception without a co-pay.
In response to:
No, they haven't. They've established that the fine for not procuring insurance is a "tax" and thus doesn't count as a punishment for not buying a product (illogical, I know, but that was the ruling). The Court has not ruled on the violation of religious freedom.
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 17 mins ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Awful: Nine-year-old girl accidentally shoots instructor with Uzi Allahpundit 3 hours ago