Last week the Obama administration issued a bogus compromise on the contraception mandate in ObamaCare through Health and Human Services. The deal? Institutions deemed "religious" by the government get a pass while businesses morally opposed to the mandate still must provide insurance plans to employees that provide contraception without a co-pay.
In response to:
No, they haven't. They've established that the fine for not procuring insurance is a "tax" and thus doesn't count as a punishment for not buying a product (illogical, I know, but that was the ruling). The Court has not ruled on the violation of religious freedom.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014