The Great Tax Divide

HappiR Wrote: Sep 19, 2012 10:18 AM
Of course, Libs, Progressives, Dems, the MSM - but I repeat myself - don't want high tax rates in order to optimize economic growth. They want to punish the wealthy. They don't believe anyone should be allowed to make that much money - that's their whole point.

The Media's Rape of Reality

HappiR Wrote: Sep 16, 2012 8:37 AM
MSM has already filed their stories on the debates too. Apparently Obama and Biden have won all debates.
This is turning into a Jeff Foxworthy bit - You might be a racist ..., lol - ridiculing them this way is the best response.

Wednesday Night Grand Slam

HappiR Wrote: Aug 30, 2012 7:28 AM
The trolls are out in force on this one. Ryan really must have them shook up and scared. The libs know what's coming and they can't stand the thought that they're about to lose their power, which is all they actually care about.

Wednesday Night Grand Slam

HappiR Wrote: Aug 30, 2012 7:25 AM
Polls show that 65% if African-Americans favor voter ID - are they racist too? What a troll.

New Poll Finds Most Americans Are Pro-Life

HappiR Wrote: Aug 26, 2012 9:00 AM
RG_THP - do you also oppose pulling the plug on someone with no brain activity but whose heart is still beating? Should we ban that practice? Is this Elderly Killing? Doesn't being completely pro-life demand that?

New Poll Finds Most Americans Are Pro-Life

HappiR Wrote: Aug 26, 2012 8:55 AM
My own opinion - legal during 1st trimester, banned after that except for LOM. I first read this long ago by Carl Sagan, pointing out the logic of using brain activity as the criteria, since we already accept that to determine end of life. I don't feel there is a label for this position. My daughter says I'm pro-choice, but I know I'm not and other "pro-choicers" could not accept a ban after the 1st trimester. I'm obviously not pro-life either, since I allow it in the beginning. The statistics get played with, lumping categories together to suit arguments. But I believe a vast number of people believe as I do - legal at first, then banned/severely restricted. We just need a name for this.

New Poll Finds Most Americans Are Pro-Life

HappiR Wrote: Aug 26, 2012 8:48 AM
This is a very long comments thread and I haven't read all of the comments - so if someone else already made this point, credit to them. Pro-Life vs Pro-Choice. Neither term accurately depicts the majority position in this country. Neither the Dems or Repubs represent the majority position. The majority opinion happens to be that abortion should be legal during the first trimester, severely restricted during the 3rd trimester (limited to the life of the mother exception (LOM) ), and a varying degree of restriction during the 2nd trimester. This doesn't appear to be pro-life or pro-choice, which has become an unrestricted position.
"Doesn't even pass the laugh test" - that's the exact right way to deal with it - laugh hysterically - ridicule is powerful.
Don't play defense - play offense. The way to counter this is to accuse the Dems of wanting to destroy Medicare by keeping it on the current path to disaster.

Wars To End War

HappiR Wrote: Aug 08, 2012 9:36 AM
Our military is really good at that. They're not so good at extended occuplation and nation-building because WE (mostly the left) don't have the stomach for it. Also, our nation's attention and support for a military campaign is only that long - 3 months max. If done a few times (once is not enough), our enemies will eventually get the message and refrain from pissing us off.