Sequestration would force the government to reduce discretionary spending by about $1.2 trillion over the next decade. Roughly half of that, or $600 billion, would come from defense -- a...
Actually I do know what flag officers do. The warfighting generals are being purged ala Stalin in the late 1930s. The flag officers who are taking their place are more than happy to endorse the social engineering and diversity programs. Any E4 would be able to tell you why they are bad ideas that diminish our combat capability.
Republicans, and many Democrats, are upset by the prospect of so-called sequestration cuts to the nation's defense budget. Pentagon chief Leon Panetta is so alarmed that the day before the Senate took up what became the "fiscal cliff" agreement, he called a key Republican lawmaker, Sen. Lindsey Graham, to express deep concern that the cuts might go into effect. As it turned out, Congress put them off for two months.
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 39 minutes ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago