Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
Dan_AZ is a product of public school indoctrination. Using your logic, we would not need, food, medicine, clothing or shelter. God should have made man completely self-sufficient without the use of anything else. Brilliant Dan, effing brilliant! Here's a little clue: what the Founders recognized in the Declaration and then the Constitution is that man, as a Divine Creation, has certain rights that no other man can deny. Among these is life; that is, the God-given right to self preservation. If someone seeks to take your life, you have the right to defend it with all the force that is necessary to do so. You won't hear that in public school, but that's basic American History (now known as socialist studies).
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 12 hours ago