Suppose I saw an elderly woman painfully huddled on a heating grate in the dead of winter. She's hungry and in...
By definition those dependent on the government are wards of the state; if common sense prevailed, wards of the state should be ineligible to vote.
Benjamin Franklin, statesman and signer of our Declaration of Independence, said: "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." John Adams, another signer, echoed a similar statement: "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." Are today's Americans virtuous and moral, or have we become corrupt and vicious? Let's think it through with a few questions.
- Homeland Security announces new travel restrictions on Ebola countries that, er, aren’t so new Allahpundit 37 mins ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm and the big return Ed Morrissey 46 mins ago
- Monica Lewinsky: I was patient zero in Internet bullying Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Liberals warn vulnerable Dems that they should rethink distancing themselves from Obama Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- 10 yr old competitive shooter seeks to inspire others Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- John Kasich rips AP after reportedly denouncing Obamacare’s repeal Noah Rothman 3 hours ago