As if Congress needed any more obstacles to resolving the fiscal cliff (and the expiring continuing resolution, and the looming debt limit), a brewing fight over filibuster rules in the Senate threatens to obliterate the upper chamber's traditional comity that has greased the skids of compromise for generations. We've been covering this particular controversy over recent weeks -- and dating back years, really -- so feel free to brush up on what's at stake and why both sides are digging in their heels. Cliffs Notes version: Harry Reid is an obtuse and tyrannical majority leader, whose strong-arm...
In response to:
You don't get it do you. Obama hoodwinked Republicans into this deal. No matter WHAT Republicans try, the deal is across the board spending cuts, and taxes on EVERYONE go up. So you can stamp your feet and throw all the tantrums you want, the deal is done. So Republicans will be blamed for increasing taxes on the middle class unless they bargain. How does it feel to be outsmarted by a black guy?
- Tom Steyer: I am absolutely nothing at all like the Koch brothers Erika Johnsen 52 minutes ago
- Video: AFP launches ObamaCare attacks on four vulnerable Senate Dems Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- DoJ guidelines on Obama drug-war clemency: 10 years in prison minimum Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul on abortion: “We’re not changing any of the laws until the country is persuaded otherwise” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Feds bust prep-school drug ring Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Has al-Qaeda taken over a secret US base in Libya? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago