As if Congress needed any more obstacles to resolving the fiscal cliff (and the expiring continuing resolution, and the looming debt limit), a brewing fight over filibuster rules in the Senate threatens to obliterate the upper chamber's traditional comity that has greased the skids of compromise for generations. We've been covering this particular controversy over recent weeks -- and dating back years, really -- so feel free to brush up on what's at stake and why both sides are digging in their heels. Cliffs Notes version: Harry Reid is an obtuse and tyrannical majority leader, whose strong-arm...
In response to:
You don't get it do you. Obama hoodwinked Republicans into this deal. No matter WHAT Republicans try, the deal is across the board spending cuts, and taxes on EVERYONE go up. So you can stamp your feet and throw all the tantrums you want, the deal is done. So Republicans will be blamed for increasing taxes on the middle class unless they bargain. How does it feel to be outsmarted by a black guy?
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 49 minutes ago
- Report: Energy production on federal lands is still declining Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Maybe Democrats should be more worried about their own billionaire allies Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Boehner reassures GOP donors: I’m “hellbent” on passing immigration reform this year Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Inside the leak of the Tsarnaev capture photos Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- New Hillary memoir to be titled “Hard Choices”? Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago