As if Congress needed any more obstacles to resolving the fiscal cliff (and the expiring continuing resolution, and the looming debt limit), a brewing fight over filibuster rules in the Senate threatens to obliterate the upper chamber's traditional comity that has greased the skids of compromise for generations. We've been covering this particular controversy over recent weeks -- and dating back years, really -- so feel free to brush up on what's at stake and why both sides are digging in their heels. Cliffs Notes version: Harry Reid is an obtuse and tyrannical majority leader, whose strong-arm...
In response to:
He just did, but I guess a guy who hates successful people also doesn't get the obvious.
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 15 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 16 hours ago