The House approved a bill to rescind the executive order President Obama signed last week that ended the pay freeze on federal employees, which meant that some federal workers would be getting a raise—including members of Congress. A number of lawmakers spoke out about the absurdity of the pay increase and timing of the move. Rep. Michele Bachmann said in a statement, “This executive order was not requested by Congress and we should reject it. We have a spending problem in our country and we should be looking for areas to cut spending. At a time when families...
CareMore Wrote - 127 Republicans vs 2 Democrats voted for raise - WRONG! It was just the opposite. Visit this site to confirm - http://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/112-2012/h655 - it was 127 Democrats who voted for raise and 2 Republicans.....
- White House: No plans to block flights from ebola countries Jazz Shaw 14 mins ago
- Fox poll shows majority of likely voters support ground troops against ISIS Ed Morrissey 54 mins ago
- Gray Lady reporter very confused as to why Republicans don’t want the President to be attacked Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 12 hours ago