In short, then, the economy stalled after a surprisingly strong February. Employers weren't hiring much and a lot of people gave up looking for jobs. Even the federal government lost jobs - though that was...
Hey Loiso, I see you are blaming the baby boomers for this. Maybe you would prefer for them to die off.
The American economy added 88,000 jobs in March, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which was a major miss from predictions. Forecasters were expecting between 150,000-200,000 jobs added. The unemployment rate dropped despite the lackluster number added due to a sharp drop in the labor force participation rate - from 7.7 to 7.6%. Nearly half a million people stopped looking for work in March.
- What does the Hillary-Alinksy letter reveal? Ed Morrissey 41 mins ago
- Reason Magazine actually asked climate protesters what they want to do, and it’s hilarious Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Lerner speaks! (To Politico) Ed Morrissey 2 hour ago
- Panetta: Obama’s bad decisions on Syria and Iraq led to rise of ISIS Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Disaster: 130,000 refugees flee ISIS, cross into Turkey Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago