As Americans everywhere found out with their first paychecks of the new year, Congress failed to reauthorize the temporary payroll tax cut that expired. This could result in between 300,000...
In response to:
So, w-smith, if I promise to buy my wife a new car in two months and I lose my job I should still go buy that car because I already authorized her to buy it? Or if I promise to buy a new car for my wife and the bank turns me down for credit I should still insist they raise my credit limit so I can incur the new debt that I can't pay for.
The deal that Congress came to on the fiscal cliff last week was a combination of half-measures, compromise, and kicking-the-can that nobody seemed to like but was overwhelmingly approved. Most of the meaures that constituted the cliff stood poised to harm the economy over the next two years - and Congress' failure to offset the cost of averting the cliff will result in a worse economy in the long run.
- Video: Months later, ObamaCare exchanges still aren’t working properly Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- The obligatory “LA woman in labor can’t cross street because of Obama’s motorcade” post Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Time: The West is losing Cold War II Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Arizona inmate takes nearly two hours to die by lethal injection in botched execution Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ISIS reportedly orders women and girls of Mosul to undergo ‘genital mutilation’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- WaPo editorial: Why is the world ignoring Hamas’ depravity? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago