A one-year extension of the employee-side payroll tax cut was passed in December of 2011. It's scheduled to lapse along with the other fiscal cliff policies in 2012. This is a particularly popular tax cut because it goes by and large...
In response to:
LOL thinks that a business that makes a profit shouldn't be allowed to survive. Why doesn't LOL create his own Walmart chain and he can let all his workers join a union and pay them each $50 per hour.
The coming fiscal cliff's mix of tax hikes and spending cuts are projected to seriously hamper economic growth over the next two years, and Congressional leaders would be wise to negotiate fixes for the problems. One of the more popular potential fixes, however, is only going to hasten the coming entitlement crisis by worsening the finances of Social Security.
- DoJ guidelines on Obama drug-war clemency: 10 years in prison minimum Ed Morrissey 29 minutes ago
- Rand Paul on abortion: “We’re not changing any of the laws until the country is persuaded otherwise” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Feds bust prep-school drug ring Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Has al-Qaeda taken over a secret US base in Libya? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NYT poll shows Pryor up 10 in Arkansas Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Lavrov: Russia will respond in Ukraine if interests “attacked” … like we did in 2008 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago