A one-year extension of the employee-side payroll tax cut was passed in December of 2011. It's scheduled to lapse along with the other fiscal cliff policies in 2012. This is a particularly popular tax cut because it goes by and large...
In response to:
LOL thinks that a business that makes a profit shouldn't be allowed to survive. Why doesn't LOL create his own Walmart chain and he can let all his workers join a union and pay them each $50 per hour.
The coming fiscal cliff's mix of tax hikes and spending cuts are projected to seriously hamper economic growth over the next two years, and Congressional leaders would be wise to negotiate fixes for the problems. One of the more popular potential fixes, however, is only going to hasten the coming entitlement crisis by worsening the finances of Social Security.
- Bill O’Reilly: Why not raise a 25,000-man global mercenary army to fight ISIS? Allahpundit 50 mins ago
- Video: Semi-retired president now saluting Marines with coffee in hand Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: MNsure renewal process nonexistent Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Pentagon: ‘Years’ of war ahead in Syria and Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Carson: “Likelihood is strong” that I’ll run for President in 2016 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm, Sen. James Inhofe, Salena Zito Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago