A one-year extension of the employee-side payroll tax cut was passed in December of 2011. It's scheduled to lapse along with the other fiscal cliff policies in 2012. This is a particularly popular tax cut because it goes by and large...
In response to:
LOL thinks that a business that makes a profit shouldn't be allowed to survive. Why doesn't LOL create his own Walmart chain and he can let all his workers join a union and pay them each $50 per hour.
The coming fiscal cliff's mix of tax hikes and spending cuts are projected to seriously hamper economic growth over the next two years, and Congressional leaders would be wise to negotiate fixes for the problems. One of the more popular potential fixes, however, is only going to hasten the coming entitlement crisis by worsening the finances of Social Security.
- Rand Paul to Ted Cruz: Stop mischaracterizing my foreign policy views Allahpundit 13 minutes ago
- Video: Feds probing Maryland ObamaCare exchange Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- Nancy Pelosi: A Republican friend of mine told me that his party is “indifferent” to “really hungry children,” you know Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Nudity, prudity, and double standards on cable television Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Funny or die: Obama pitches ObamaCare to Zach Galifianakis; Update: Goal achieved Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Netanyahu: PA has to recognize Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago