Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
When all the hoopla, and idiotic squabbling is ended, the final result will be the same. Americans who want guns will have then, and those who don't, won't. As far as the "gun-grabbers" are concerned, reminds me of a dog barking at a snake. You get close enough, and he'll end your incessant barking for good. I would love to witness a "gun-grabber" getting mugged by some drug crazed night owl, and then ask them if they would like to "borrow:" my gun.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Family friend tells WaPo: Yes, Darren Wilson did suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 27 mins ago
- Let’s play ‘What if a GOP’er Said It’ with Harry Reid’s racially insensitive jokes Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- NATO: Russia has moved artillery units and personnel into Ukraine Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Hamas executes “collaborators” as Israeli air strikes target leadership Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- White House: That round of golf after the Foley video was released doesn’t show the depth of Obama’s grief Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Poll: As Scott Brown pounds on immigration, NH Senate race closes to statistical tie Guy Benson 3 hours ago