Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
When all the hoopla, and idiotic squabbling is ended, the final result will be the same. Americans who want guns will have then, and those who don't, won't. As far as the "gun-grabbers" are concerned, reminds me of a dog barking at a snake. You get close enough, and he'll end your incessant barking for good. I would love to witness a "gun-grabber" getting mugged by some drug crazed night owl, and then ask them if they would like to "borrow:" my gun.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Video: DNC 2016 convention bid invites go to Las Vegas, and … Ed Morrissey 41 minutes ago
- GOP Senate candidate’s ad: Meet the doctor who saved my baby’s life Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul: I think Republicans may have over-emphasized voter fraud Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Fatah, Hamas announce reconciliation pact, new elections Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Just a reminder: Lindsey Graham’s probably going to get reelected Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Tom Steyer: I am absolutely nothing at all like the Koch brothers Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago