As one writer already wrote, "The problem is that the liberal media in this country is no better than the media in most other "controlled" countries. After all, that is the first issue in overcoming, and controlling the people.The other big issue is guns, and the "bobbleheads" squawking incessantly about total gun control as the salvation to this country's problems. This young girl rose above everything thrown at her, and became something in spite of it all. May she continue to excel in all her undertakings. And, as Chuck, and his mom reminded us, "May God continue to lead her"
On Nov. 29, 1766, Benjamin Franklin wrote for the London Chronicle: "I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. -- I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did...
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, John-Henry Westen, Jason Mattera Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- “Machete-wielding mob” hinders Ebola relief effort Jazz Shaw 42 mins ago
- WaPo factchecker to Grimes: You should be ashamed of yourself Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Crumble: Wendy Davis trails by 16, down two among women, leads by just two with Latinos Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Circular firing squad: Democrats ready to dump on Obama if they lose the Senate Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- US training Syrian opposition for defense only against ISIS Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago