Wendy60 wrote: The neoconservatives are the reason why Boehner is not putting up a fight. The neocons do the thinking for the Republican leadership on all matters of strategy and morality in politics. Boehner wouldn't take a dump if the neocons told him not to, and if they told him to do so, he would strain for hours. Neocons want tax increases, because paying higher taxes is a sacrifice. Neocons believe that the little people have to be forced into sacrificing for the "collective self," i.e., the state, because that is the only way to preserve the social order. What they...
There are two signs that I have seen from gun enthusiasts that I dearly love. One:" There's nothing in this house worth your dying for". Two, This was acredited to Chuck Norris. "We don't dial 911 in here" Both are short, and to to the point. Personally, I have a CCW (concealed carry weapon) license, and I make good use of it. With all the idiots out there trying to find "respect" with weapons, I simply don't feel comfortable without it. In our fair city, there have been right at 100 gun related murders this year. I believe all but one was of the African-America persuasion. That ought to tell the "politically correct" something, but you don't hear pin drop on that issue.
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of whites say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 37 mins ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Mitt Romney takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- A Christian conundrum in conservative rhetoric? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Sanitizing terror: Has the press distorted Islamic radical’s crusade against gay men? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Family friend tells WaPo: Yes, Darren Wilson did suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 3 hours ago