Wendy60 wrote: The neoconservatives are the reason why Boehner is not putting up a fight. The neocons do the thinking for the Republican leadership on all matters of strategy and morality in politics. Boehner wouldn't take a dump if the neocons told him not to, and if they told him to do so, he would strain for hours. Neocons want tax increases, because paying higher taxes is a sacrifice. Neocons believe that the little people have to be forced into sacrificing for the "collective self," i.e., the state, because that is the only way to preserve the social order. What they...
There are two signs that I have seen from gun enthusiasts that I dearly love. One:" There's nothing in this house worth your dying for". Two, This was acredited to Chuck Norris. "We don't dial 911 in here" Both are short, and to to the point. Personally, I have a CCW (concealed carry weapon) license, and I make good use of it. With all the idiots out there trying to find "respect" with weapons, I simply don't feel comfortable without it. In our fair city, there have been right at 100 gun related murders this year. I believe all but one was of the African-America persuasion. That ought to tell the "politically correct" something, but you don't hear pin drop on that issue.
- Bob Beckel: Get ready for an October surprise, Republicans Allahpundit 31 mins ago
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Josh Earnest: Ignore Obama’s military critics because they served under Bush Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Exonerated, Chris Christie taunts the press by embracing Roger Goodell Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Scotland votes No to independence Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago