On Obamacare (and Guns), We Won't Comply

gyrene74 Wrote: Dec 30, 2012 9:08 AM
Got me a new M1, and an M1A Carbine for just such a purpose. I'm like Charlton Heston - "You'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands." And, although you don't hear much hoopla from people like me, believe me, there are millions who feel exactly the same way. If I remember correctly, the Japanese General who commanded the Pearl Harbor invasion refused to come to America because he had been schooled here, and knew that EVERY America has a gun. The high potentate in Washington ought to be advised of the same situation today. What we need is someone like Neut Gingrich in the White House to reverse all those "edicts" that keep coming off the desk in the Oval Office, and set this country on the course our founding fathers did in the beginnin
Just another example of Big Government screwing the population, all the while making rules that exempt them from the problem. When are the American people going to stand up, and whittle down Government to the size it was when this country started ? Remember, two months in Washington, (without pay) and then go home and get a job !!

When Gun Control Satire Becomes Reality

gyrene74 Wrote: Dec 28, 2012 6:48 AM
This diatribe had to come from some comic book, or other. No sane human being that is still on the streets talked this way, he/she would surely be put away, Way Away!

When Gun Control Satire Becomes Reality

gyrene74 Wrote: Dec 28, 2012 6:45 AM
Yeah? Well, you could ask,"How's that working for ya ?" You look at all the countries that have instituted gun control, and darn near every one of them has been taken over by some sort of potentate, or other. It is said that in order to take over a country you have to : Control the media--- Done Take away guns --- Working on it. And believe me, Obamasan is working on it seriously. He might not be saying just that, but you can darn well assume that he is working on it behind the scenes constantly.

Banning Guns

gyrene74 Wrote: Dec 26, 2012 5:44 AM
Two words stand out like a sore toe in a tight shoe. Blacks & Hispanics. I wonder why. Here in the city I live in, there were over 100 murders in this year. Would you believe that only ONE white got killed? The rest was all black on black. Tell you something?
Then too, and closer to the issue being discussed, what about all the babies being killed while being torn from their mother's wombs during abortion? Seems that issue has been swept under the rug by the liberal media as well. Let the "Right to Life at Conception" legislation pass, and abortion will go away, like it should have when it was stupidly passed in the first place.
There are two signs that I have seen from gun enthusiasts that I dearly love. One:" There's nothing in this house worth your dying for". Two, This was acredited to Chuck Norris. "We don't dial 911 in here" Both are short, and to to the point. Personally, I have a CCW (concealed carry weapon) license, and I make good use of it. With all the idiots out there trying to find "respect" with weapons, I simply don't feel comfortable without it. In our fair city, there have been right at 100 gun related murders this year. I believe all but one was of the African-America persuasion. That ought to tell the "politically correct" something, but you don't hear pin drop on that issue.

Tax Congress!

gyrene74 Wrote: Dec 21, 2012 6:09 AM
Sounds like John is pretty wound up this morning, and rightly so. You listen to just about anything coming out of Washington lately, and you'd think that you had stumbled on a back yard fight among the neighborhood kids. No, really. They sound just like somebody picked up the wrong marble, and the whole gang from "Our Gang" is on his case about it. I've long said that Congress should operate just like they did when it was formed. Everybody go to Washington for three months, take care of the nations business, and then GO HOME, and go to work. No pay for your service to the country, and damn sure no ENTTLEMENTS, either. And, Oh Yeah, TERM LIMITS. Said yesterday that the fellow from Hawaii had been in there 69 years.

The New Racial Derangement Syndrome

gyrene74 Wrote: Dec 20, 2012 8:35 AM
and now, that same school that educated my two children is now on the block to be taken over because it too is now rated "F". Again, Duh!!! Why can't anybody see this, or if they can, why don't they say something? They don't want to be called "racist" and lose the next election, that's why, and it's sickening.

The New Racial Derangement Syndrome

gyrene74 Wrote: Dec 20, 2012 8:32 AM
Another problem with all this is that when the whites moved to adjacent areas, they took their paychecks with them, and spent them in their new areas. Now, our city has no decent funding with which to run the city. Duh!!! Don't tell me that no one even saw this coming. Look at Detroit, for one. There is one school in our city which was originally a black school. It too was totally vacated when the equal rights movement came in. The school was transformed into a "magnet" school, where, by the way, two of my children got a good enough education to go on to college, and excel. Eventually, the black community decided that the whites had stolen their school, and wanted it back. The school board gave it back, brought in 400 "non-magnet" students

The New Racial Derangement Syndrome

gyrene74 Wrote: Dec 20, 2012 8:26 AM
When the "equal rights" came into vogue, the locale I live in had to initially buy 85 n32 buses to "transport" blacks into white schools of their choice. Well, the results are in. Just this year, the school board admitted that all the schools in the city were either rated D, or F, where previously many had been A or B rated schools. The reason, all the whites moved into adjoining areas, and the blacks are the only ones occupying the city schools. Duh !!! Tell you anything?? I know, I'm racist. At least, that is what I'll be called because of this post.