During a hearing Monday on the 20-week abortion ban in Texas, State Senator Bob Deuell, MD held up a pair of baby shoes to represent the unborn children aborted every day.
Deuell’s bold move was effective because his simple display of the small shoes perhaps said more than State Senator Wendy Davis did in her 11-hour filibuster against the pro-life bill. The symbol was also appropriate, considering at 18 to 20 weeks some mothers can already feel their baby kick.
Bob Deuell has taken the lead on pro-life bills for years, including the
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014