During a hearing Monday on the 20-week abortion ban in Texas, State Senator Bob Deuell, MD held up a pair of baby shoes to represent the unborn children aborted every day.
Deuell’s bold move was effective because his simple display of the small shoes perhaps said more than State Senator Wendy Davis did in her 11-hour filibuster against the pro-life bill. The symbol was also appropriate, considering at 18 to 20 weeks some mothers can already feel their baby kick.
Bob Deuell has taken the lead on pro-life bills for years, including the
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 10 hours ago