During a recent gun violence prevention public hearing in Hartford, Connecticut, Bill Stevens, a father of a Sandy Hook student who survived the massacre that took place in December, testified. Stevens explained why his daughter is safer at home than she is at school because "911" and "lockdown" are not enough to protect her from an evil person. Stevens also defended the right to bear arms which is not only written in the Second Amendment, but in the Connecticut constitution as well. He argued gun owners shouldn't be turned into suspects no matter how many firearms or rounds of ammunition...
In response to:
Geez......... laws are in the thousands of pages and now an office memo is 16 pages long. Soon You will need a lawyer to read the lunch menu in the Congressional dining room.
- Did US kill Al-Shabaab leader responsible for Kenya mall massacre? Ed Morrissey 10 mins ago
- CDC Director: Ebola in Africa now an ‘epidemic,’ ‘completely out of control’ Noah Rothman 50 mins ago
- Video: UK takes steps to keep British jihadists from returning Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 17 hours ago