During a recent gun violence prevention public hearing in Hartford, Connecticut, Bill Stevens, a father of a Sandy Hook student who survived the massacre that took place in December, testified. Stevens explained why his daughter is safer at home than she is at school because "911" and "lockdown" are not enough to protect her from an evil person. Stevens also defended the right to bear arms which is not only written in the Second Amendment, but in the Connecticut constitution as well. He argued gun owners shouldn't be turned into suspects no matter how many firearms or rounds of ammunition...
In response to:
Geez......... laws are in the thousands of pages and now an office memo is 16 pages long. Soon You will need a lawyer to read the lunch menu in the Congressional dining room.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 9 hours ago