For laughs, consult top producer Cappy McGarr, who insisted Ellen wasn't picked for political reasons: "The Kennedy Center is apolitical. We have had so many people who have their own brand and type of humor. We don't pick winners because of any advocacy they do. It is all about...
RW6 Wrote: (9:08 AM) Sorry, but any celeb who came out of the closet and admitted "Yes as a matter of fact, I AM racist, and here's why..." would never be allowed to finish the sentence. Isn't diversity great?
The PBS broadcast of the Kennedy Center's Mark Twain Prize on Oct. 30 was a festival of tributes to Ellen DeGeneres -- which is fine, since she is quite talented comically. But it wasn't so much a tribute for the comedy as it was for her pioneering work promoting homosexuality.
- Video: UK takes steps to keep British jihadists from returning Ed Morrissey 58 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 20 hours ago