Republican presidential candidate Barry Goldwater accepted an invitation to visit an American military installation located in Bavaria, Germany. On "CBS Evening News" hosted by Walter Cronkite, correspondent Daniel Schorr said: "It is now clear that Sen. Goldwater's interview with Der Spiegel, with its hard line appealing to right-wing elements in Germany, was only the start of a move to link up with his opposite numbers in Germany." The reaction shot -- when the cameras returned to Cronkite -- showed the "most trusted man in America" gravely shaking...
"Comparing Republicans to Nazis -- Who Started it?" The real Nazis.......... Democrats.
Maybe comparing Republicans to Nazis started with the 1964 Goldwater/Johnson presidential race.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, C.P. Snow and the science vs. culture battle Jazz Shaw 12 mins ago
- Christie: I am certainly unimpressed with Obama’s leadership on ISIS Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- Secret Service missed an armed ex-con … in elevator … with President Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NY Gov candidate deploys new version of “Daisy” ad Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows 50% support Obama’s handling of ISIS now Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago