Republicans have gotten their backsides kicked in the last two presidential election cycles, which are essentially the "Super Bowls" of American politics. The party's standard-bearers have lost the popular vote in five of the last six contests, with the lone exception of President Bush's 2004 re-election. Bluntly stated, the GOP's national political model is broken. The Republican National Committee has just published an exhaustive report about what went wrong in 2012, when a Democratic president with mediocre approval ratings and historically poor economic indicators won a second term by a comfortable, 3.5 million vote margin. The political bubble and its inhabitants...
In response to:
Ryan, Boehner and Republicans have been warning a *looming* debt crisis & trying to prevent it...not that there's a debt crisis right this instant. Although the debt and deficits are far too high & the current path is absolutely unsustainable.
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 50 mins ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Dempsey continues to frustrate Obama with admission some Arab allies fund ISIS Noah Rothman 4 hours ago