It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
"Parents are allowing television and video games to increasingly babysit their children, even though both have become full of gratuitous violence." Boy, have I seen this. As a re-decorator for 25 years, while working in peoples homes, I see that kids LIVE in front of the T.V. or Video Game Screen. So, I can't doubt the incredible statistic I heard on the radio news: "THE AVERAGE AMERICAN CHILD, BY THE TIME THEY ARE 18 YEARS OLD HAS SPENT 6 YEARS WATCHING TELEVISION."
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 47 mins ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago