It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
"Parents are allowing television and video games to increasingly babysit their children, even though both have become full of gratuitous violence." Boy, have I seen this. As a re-decorator for 25 years, while working in peoples homes, I see that kids LIVE in front of the T.V. or Video Game Screen. So, I can't doubt the incredible statistic I heard on the radio news: "THE AVERAGE AMERICAN CHILD, BY THE TIME THEY ARE 18 YEARS OLD HAS SPENT 6 YEARS WATCHING TELEVISION."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago