It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
"Parents are allowing television and video games to increasingly babysit their children, even though both have become full of gratuitous violence." Boy, have I seen this. As a re-decorator for 25 years, while working in peoples homes, I see that kids LIVE in front of the T.V. or Video Game Screen. So, I can't doubt the incredible statistic I heard on the radio news: "THE AVERAGE AMERICAN CHILD, BY THE TIME THEY ARE 18 YEARS OLD HAS SPENT 6 YEARS WATCHING TELEVISION."
- Next co-host of “The View”: Meghan McCain? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ObamaCare premiums in MN heading for double-digit increases? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Finally: Obama nominated for his first Emmy Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago