Terrific article. Really provides a lot of detailed economic information more than a focus on the politics of the situation. Keep them coming.
Recently, the world's economic leaders, including economists at the European Central Bank, the European Union, the International Monetary Fund, and the U.S. Federal Reserve, supported by most of the mainstream financial media, assured the world that the debt agreement worked out between Greece and its creditors would help put an end to the European-wide debt crisis. In reality, the crisis has merely been papered over. Despite the broad rally in stock and bond markets over the past few weeks, I firmly believe that Greece will likely require another bailout within a year.
But for all of Greece's fiscal problems, another...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 12 hours ago