Why Exposes of the Clintons Fail

Guy56 Wrote: 8 hours ago (1:10 PM)
Just you. I like Latin quotes. Gives me something to learn.

Lambs to the GMO Slaughter

Guy56 Wrote: Jul 29, 2014 10:14 AM
"What problems are going to be caused by having 8 million more people alive that wouldn't have been consuming resources?"

Are the Hamptons the Next Sanctuary City?

Guy56 Wrote: Jul 29, 2014 10:04 AM
As a minor note, the remarks by columnists and commentators about the Presidents interest in Golf are irrelevant. Is the point that the President should never engage in recreation? It reminds me of all the complaints people would make about Bush going to Camp David. And younger folks like Ms. Hughes might not remember but Eisenhower played a lot of golf. Is the point that the President should work 18 hours a day seven days a week for 4 or 8 years? Personally I would rather the President, almost any of them, do a lot less. And the argument is basically an ad hominem.

The Rudeness of Registries

Guy56 Wrote: Jun 23, 2014 9:33 PM
You are suggesting that because they could use the money it is okay to basically ask for money. I am with Mr. Jacoby on this one. And as an aside if you are paying for the wedding you buy what you can afford. If you have to cut the list then you cut the list.
I have often wondered that myself

Planned Parenthood Covers Up Rape...Again

Guy56 Wrote: May 14, 2014 9:35 AM
gsteele's comment does not suggest that it is the victim's fault.
"Suppose the Senate had passed a bill that would cut Texas out of the Union? " That would be perfect. Conservatives could move there, progressives would move out-that is to say Austin-.And both groups could have their own country. Sounds like a great idea, Thanks Ann.
Amen. Great reminder. And true for all Christians. Also our source of hope. This is not our home. One day we will be with him forever.

Probable Cause

Guy56 Wrote: Mar 28, 2014 11:15 AM
Amen
I would not put it exactly as Big O7 did but there is much in there I agree with. I also note that back in the late 70s I worked for CETA YETP (Youth Employment Training Program) in rural downstate IL. My role was to "develop jobs". So I walked around to farmers and asked if they might hire kids during the summer. It was common for them to say yeah they would love to but they could not afford to pay the minimum wage, which at the time was $3.35. If they could pay $2.00 they would find some things that would be handy to have done but weren't urgent. The minimum wage was too high for them pay for work they otherwise might have. A clear example of the minimum wage taking away jobs. My experience of their heart in wanting to give the kids work but feeling unable to do so was the beginning of me moving from a leftist to a conservative. By the way they did hire kids, and adults, for other jobs that paid above the minimum wage such as walking beans and de-tasseling corn. Much harder jobs that most teens can't do.