If you missed President Obama's politically laced speech on Sunday in Newtown, Conn. he hinted extensively about new gun control measures coming down the pike either through legislation or executive order.
Now the Washington Post is reporting President Obama has officially asked his cabinet members for gun control proposals.
President Obama on Monday began the first serious push of his administration to attempt to reduce gun violence, directing Cabinet members to formulate a set of proposals that could include reinstating a ban on assault rifles.
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 15 hours ago