I really think you should expand the whole thing to include Australia. Somehow bad things always seem to come in 3's. Kind of like the 'Axis' (Germany, Italy, Japan) during WWII, or the current 'Axis of Evil.' You could call it "The Axis of Idiocy." After all the Aussies have never seen an American idea so bad that they wouldn't try it, and even beat us to it, given the opportunity.
You're both half right. The KKK was started by whites in the post civil war south as a means to defend themselves against northern carpetbaggers, who were using poor, black former slaves in their abuse of property owners, their former masters.
Nobody brought any RPG's or other heavy weapons to this peaceful demonstration? The Libyans would be disappointed.

Public Unions are Public Enemy No. 1

Gunner USN Wrote: Sep 13, 2012 11:17 PM
Well the binge will continue, but the unions never purge.
I'm doing my patriotic part, I'm restoring a 1952 Willys M38 Jeep. When I am finished, it will probably be my daily driver. With all the inefficiencies of the engine technology used on that vehicle, and the low gearing, I can anticipate about 16-19 miles per gallon of gas. Not too bad even for a modern 4 wheel drive vehicle.
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the result of a society that has decided that corporeal punishment is wrong. The old adage "spare the rod and spoil the child" is based entirely in truth. So also is "as ye sow, so also shall ye reap." We have long ago sown the seeds of this nonsense a-la Dr. Spock, and so many others of his ilk. These are the results of their progressive ideas on child rearing, and it was easily predictable.

Exactly What’s Wrong With America

Gunner USN Wrote: Jun 14, 2012 1:46 PM
You're free to leave. Perhaps N. Korea would be more to your' liking, or maybe you would prefer one of the Arab Nations. There are many countries in Africa where English is spoken, in case you're concerned about language difficulties. Or there's always Cuba, nice climate most of the time. South America, anyone? They still have several places that you might be able to tolerate. So, there's several options for you, I'm sure you have some in mind already, just don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

EPA Takes to Air to Watch Cow Pies

Gunner USN Wrote: Jun 05, 2012 12:40 AM
Proof positive that the government is far too big. If these people don't have anything better to do, they don't need to be doing it on my dime. Time for some serious downsizing in the EPA. Fact is, it presents a good argument for abolishing the EPA altogether.

Race Matters...To Racists

Gunner USN Wrote: Jun 04, 2012 7:36 PM
Some day, somewhere, someone is going to point out to the Democrats that all their constituents already have a gov't photo i.d., and that they show it every single time they cash their welfare checks.

The Control Freak President

Gunner USN Wrote: May 31, 2012 12:19 AM
Don't forget we have to increase taxes on 'the rich.' It has nothing to do with increasing revenue, but instead, it's about 'fairness,' whatever that means. We have to make sure that all those millionaires and billionaires, and apparently thousand-aires, pay their fair share. So just how much is their fair share, and who decides? I don't think I have ever been so disgusted with anything as much as I am with the phrase "their fair share."

2012 NFL Draft Recap

Gunner USN Wrote: May 02, 2012 12:04 AM
Goat whispering? Really? About the only goat whispering I've ever done consisted of: "be still, this will only hurt for a moment." This as I beat his skull in with a hammer. Goat is pretty good smoked with mesquite for about 6-8 hours. Mmmm-mmmm good, tasty.