As documented on the Durham County, N.C., website, the position of sheriff originated in England more than 1,000 years ago, known then as a shire-reeve, who was "the steward of the King's estates, guardian of the peace, judge and jury of the Shire County (county court) and was the local agent of...
The worst sheriff in the country is also in AZ where the best one is. Pima County's Dupnik--yeah the Democrat political hack who went off and blamed the Right and Limbaugh and Palin etc etc etc for Giffor'd shooting (which also killed a conservative Republican judge--but he doesn't count) . And he was re-elected! The man is a disgrace to law enforcement but imagine if a future Republican Admn went after him for the corrupt hack he is--you'd never hear the end of it from the MSM.
For many, the term "sheriff" conjures up images of the Old West. A few may consider a sheriff to have some form of outdated and obsolete political office. But for me and countless other patriots across our nation, a sheriff is the epitome of good and necessary county law enforcement.
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago