But the first paragraph refutes the headline: "Allowing income tax rates to rise for wealthy Americans would not hurt U.S. economic growth much (emphasis added) in 2013 ..." The CBO did not say, as the headline suggests, that raising taxes on the rich has no negative economic effect. In fact, the CBO actually said that extending the Bush-era rates for all would increase economic growth by 1.5 percent. If, however, the Bush era rates expired for the rich -- but...
""Well, Charlie, what I've said is that I would look at raising the capital gains tax for purposes of fairness (emphasis added)." In other words, to hell with the economy and tax revenues, "fairness" "social justice" as nauseum. So speaks the commited marxist.
Consider this headline from a Reuters article in The Huffington Post: "Raising Taxes on Rich Won't Hurt Economic Growth, CBO Says."
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago