In response to:
"You don't have to be a deficit hawk to be disturbed by the growing gap between revenues and expenses," said Sen. Barack Obama during a Nov. 3, 2005, debate on the Senate floor. At the time, Obama had been a senator for less than a year and the federal budget deficit was in fact shrinking, from $248 billion in fiscal 2006 to $160 billion in fiscal 2007. Still, Obama seemed deeply concerned about the deficit, and he appeared to believe it when he said the only way to close the shortfalls was to force Congress to pay for what it...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago