In response to:
"You don't have to be a deficit hawk to be disturbed by the growing gap between revenues and expenses," said Sen. Barack Obama during a Nov. 3, 2005, debate on the Senate floor. At the time, Obama had been a senator for less than a year and the federal budget deficit was in fact shrinking, from $248 billion in fiscal 2006 to $160 billion in fiscal 2007. Still, Obama seemed deeply concerned about the deficit, and he appeared to believe it when he said the only way to close the shortfalls was to force Congress to pay for what it...
- Michele Bachmann must be doing something right if ISIS is after her Jazz Shaw 16 mins ago
- The worst political ad ever? Or the most awesome? Jazz Shaw 57 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 12 hours ago