Emails obtained by Townhall Finance show that a recent lawsuit filed by the ACLU in attempt to stop school reform measures in Colorado was really the brainchild of the American Federation of Teachers, the statewide teachers’ union affiliate of the AFL-CIO. In an email to Smith, Smith’s union capos, Courtney Smith and Jennie Peek-Dunstone [eye roll], George Merritt, a senior strategist with OnSight Communications, a local political consulting firm, writes about the ACLU’s decision to sue the district: “I think this is another scenario where we need to keep our cards close to the vest and let the ACLU do what...
In response to:
The adversarial relationship is impossible when unions and management are the same entity and the latter's survival is made dependent on the union's favor. That's why FDR said it was impossible. Because since 1959 what he warned about was not heeded we are in the mess we are today and kids are not being educated. Vouchers, Charters, school choice, accoountabilit and merit pay are the onnly thing that will solve this problem. No other country does it the way we do and their kids get educated.
- Rand Paul to Ted Cruz: Stop mischaracterizing my foreign policy views Allahpundit 43 minutes ago
- Video: Feds probing Maryland ObamaCare exchange Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Nancy Pelosi: A Republican friend of mine told me that his party is “indifferent” to “really hungry children,” you know Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Nudity, prudity, and double standards on cable television Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Funny or die: Obama pitches ObamaCare to Zach Galifianakis; Update: Goal achieved Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Netanyahu: PA has to recognize Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago