If we're to believe the White House's proffered narrative, Joe Biden's televised moment of solidarity for same-sex marriage on Sunday was unplanned, unscripted, and from-the-heart, randomly turning this into Gay Marriage Week and prompting President Obama himself to come clean on an issue that he had actually already made up his mind about, if just a bit sooner than he'd intended. For the record, I don't buy the White House's narrative for a hot second. If there is one thing at which President Obama really is quite adept, it's campaigning, and Team Obama has time and again demonstrated itself a...
In response to:
Gary Patriot - You are a Kool-Aid drinking fool. The GM and Chrysler bailout cost the taxpayers over $18 BILLION that will never be paid back to the taxpayers. Not to mention that the 'bailout' didn't even WORK. They STILL had to file for Bankruptcy. The only difference between Romney's advice and Obama's action is that Obama was able to make the UNIONS the owner of GM and supply the UNIONS with $18 BILLION to spend in his re-election effort. Smart politics? Maybe. But still very difficult for most Americans to swallow. I myself, will NEVER buy another GM car for the way that they screwed up the company, then screwed non-union workers.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago