The Denver Post, on February 15th, ran an Associated Press article entitled “Homeland Security aims to buy 1.6b rounds of ammo”, to far too little notice. It confirmed that the Department of Homeland Security has issued an open purchase order for 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition. As elsewhere reported, some of this purchase order is for rounds forbidden by international law for use in war plus a frightening amount specialized for snipers. Also reported elsewhere, at the height of the Iraq War the Army was expending fewer than 6 million rounds a month. 1.6 billion rounds, therefore, would be enough...
In response to:
As far as I'm concerned, the DHS is an illegal govt agency, design to unconstitutionally protect the fed govt. I heard about the (closer to 2 billion) ammo P.O's and stock pile, over a year ago. Between rex 84, and the "wolf in sheep's clothing" agencies, people better wake up to what will happen. Many of the mass shootings that have and will occur, are fear factor orchestrations to directly tear at the 2nd Amendment. Imagine Red Dawn... but they really knew it was going to happen. No false alarms here, or surprises. We do have a voice, if we use it before it is too late.
- Hamas executes “collaborators” as Israeli air strikes target leadership Ed Morrissey 39 mins ago
- White House: That round of golf after the Foley video was released doesn’t show the depth of Obama’s grief Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poll: As Scott Brown pounds on immigration, NH Senate race closes to statistical tie Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Conservative columnists agree: Go to war in Iraq and Syria, don’t occupy them Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Want to go blind with rage? Read this letter from ISIS to the Foley family Noah Rothman 3 hours ago