Every Republican knows another Republican who agrees with them on 99% of the issues, yet will attack them relentlessly over the 1% of issues they disagree upon. Instead of uniting against the left, these busybodies waste countless hours criticizing other Republicans. They will frequently do it under the ruse of being the “true conservatives,” claiming that anyone who does not agree with them is not conservative enough. Yet the 1% of issues they disagree with others on are often arbitrarily decided and not legitimate issues. Mitt Romney was criticized for being too moderate of a Republican presidential candidate, yet he ran...
I disagree with Rachel on Romney. yes, he ran a conservative campaign in generality, but his lack of specifics made it quite clear that Romney didn't MEAN it. He was saying what he needed to say to be seen as conservative. Inauthenticity is a killer. On the more general point, I agree. We need to avoid such a strict orthodoxy that we push away people who are with us on most points. If you're a conservative on everything but immigration, you're still better than any Dem, Ditto gay marriage.
- Video: Former Republican governor of California invites you to crush things in his tank Allahpundit 31 minutes ago
- Markey: Natural gas exports, grow the economy? Pish tosh! Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- CNN source: Yes, the Malaysian jet sent engine data hours after it disappeared; AP source: No, it didn’t Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Ron Paul defends Crimea’s referendum on annexation by Russia Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Old man yells at cloud Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Chris Matthews: Let’s face it, Democrats are going to lose the Senate Allahpundit 3 hours ago