Every Republican knows another Republican who agrees with them on 99% of the issues, yet will attack them relentlessly over the 1% of issues they disagree upon. Instead of uniting against the left, these busybodies waste countless hours criticizing other Republicans. They will frequently do it under the ruse of being the “true conservatives,” claiming that anyone who does not agree with them is not conservative enough. Yet the 1% of issues they disagree with others on are often arbitrarily decided and not legitimate issues. Mitt Romney was criticized for being too moderate of a Republican presidential candidate, yet he ran...
I disagree with Rachel on Romney. yes, he ran a conservative campaign in generality, but his lack of specifics made it quite clear that Romney didn't MEAN it. He was saying what he needed to say to be seen as conservative. Inauthenticity is a killer. On the more general point, I agree. We need to avoid such a strict orthodoxy that we push away people who are with us on most points. If you're a conservative on everything but immigration, you're still better than any Dem, Ditto gay marriage.
- Intel and military sources: We could have hit “Khorasan” in June Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Sources: DOJ won’t file civil-rights charges against George Zimmerman for shooting Trayvon Martin Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Panetta memoir blames Obama for collapse in Iraq Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- 80 people being monitored in Dallas area for Ebola; Update: 100? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- White House: No plans to block flights from ebola countries Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Fox poll shows majority of likely voters support ground troops against ISIS Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago