1. It is uncertain where consent ends and force begins. Because that is largely a religious question that cannot be determined by science, it has no place...
This satire would be swiftly dismissed by even Swift. Essentially, Dr Adams constructs 10 straw arguments as being applicable to both abortion and rape and then tries to make hay out of them. Dr Adams facetious argument that justification for abortion is tantamount to justification for rape is supposed to lead to what final conclusion? That abortion is bad because rape is bad? That abortionists need better arguments? How foolish! Abortion is wrong and evil because it is the deliberate killing of an innocent baby, and cannot be mitigated by any other despicable behavior. Attempting to draw a satirical corollary between murder (abortion) and sexual assault (rape) demeans one and mocks the other.
I know it sounds outrageous, but the arguments my liberal readers make for abortion have convinced me that they are trying to legalize rape. Aside from the obvious fact that rape is a moral issue (and one can’t legislate morality), pro-abortion reasoning provides 10 additional reasons for making rape legal. I have enumerated all of them below. I have even taken the time to expand on some of the more disturbing arguments:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Detroit suspends water shut-offs for 15 days Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Through the looking glass: White House that loves using anonymous sources upset at being attacked by anonymous sources Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: The angriest atheist Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Police protect Jewish students from Pro-Palestinian mob…in Boston Guy Benson 10 hours ago