I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
Auntneoconnie: What you are going to have to get used to is the business of the federal government is whatever the people say it is. Obviously we have the government we want or Obama wouldn't be President. Yours, Stoessel, and other libertarians problem is you have a real problem with freedom that creates a democracy that gives you a result you don't like. See in a free country it is the will of the people that is important and if it gives you a bigger government well I guess you can abide by honest elections or revolt and try impose a dictatorship. And if you think it is bad at 47% wait until over 51% demand even more government. To make matters worse hedonistic paganism will be established by law - and drugs will be legal.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- TEMS Thursday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 20 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 12 hours ago