I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
Auntneoconnie: What you are going to have to get used to is the business of the federal government is whatever the people say it is. Obviously we have the government we want or Obama wouldn't be President. Yours, Stoessel, and other libertarians problem is you have a real problem with freedom that creates a democracy that gives you a result you don't like. See in a free country it is the will of the people that is important and if it gives you a bigger government well I guess you can abide by honest elections or revolt and try impose a dictatorship. And if you think it is bad at 47% wait until over 51% demand even more government. To make matters worse hedonistic paganism will be established by law - and drugs will be legal.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- NYC doctor who recently treated Ebola patients rushed to hospital with 103-degree fever Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- Revealed: ICE released some illegals charged with violent crimes — after telling Americans they hadn’t Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Latest viral video: Priests doing a dance-off in the Vatican* Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Arbiter orders NFL commissioner to testify in hearing on Rice appeal Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, John-Henry Westen, Jason Mattera Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- “Machete-wielding mob” hinders Ebola relief effort Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago