I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
Auntneoconnie: What you are going to have to get used to is the business of the federal government is whatever the people say it is. Obviously we have the government we want or Obama wouldn't be President. Yours, Stoessel, and other libertarians problem is you have a real problem with freedom that creates a democracy that gives you a result you don't like. See in a free country it is the will of the people that is important and if it gives you a bigger government well I guess you can abide by honest elections or revolt and try impose a dictatorship. And if you think it is bad at 47% wait until over 51% demand even more government. To make matters worse hedonistic paganism will be established by law - and drugs will be legal.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel’s killing his political future by contesting the Mississippi runoff results Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Watch Jake Tapper embarrass pro-Hamas attorney Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Joe Scarborough: Glenn Beck is following Jesus’s playbook in providing humanitarian aid to young illegals Allahpundit 8 hours ago