I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
No surprise that Stossel likes Gary Johnson. Both seek a world that has never existed and is contrary to the nature of evolutionary man. They proclaim there is nothing individuals cannot do better if left alone oblivious to the fact that individuals are just as inclined to ignore a problem as they are to solve it, more malevolent than benevolent,and more godless than godly They both extol the virtues of predatory self-gratification and inveigh against the virtues meant to restrain the least desirable aspects of human nature. They think that by covering themselves with a blanket of denial, closing the blinds to truth and slamming the door on reality they can hide from the monsters in the closet who really are real
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago