The FISA Amendments Act largely exempted the federal government from having to work through a special court system in order to obtain warrants to monitor communications involving Americans. While President Obama was in the Senate, he opposed the legislation. Now that he's actually wielding the levers of...
In response to:
Democrats are in the process of trying gut the Second Amendment. FISA reauthorization is cutting a wide path through the Fourth Amendment. Mr. Obama, yesterday snipped the corners off the Twenty-Seventh Amendment through executive order. There are so many examples of where the president has bypassed or ignored constitutional directives for the president and the executive department. The LIV's (Low Information Voters) neither know nor care, and indeed, the rest of the country is fixated on policies specifically upsetting their lives. The MSM is nowhere to be found on these issues since they are entranced with the One. This Republic is a large powerful stone being chipped away one tiny piece at a time, soon to be gone.
Senate Intelligence Committee Chair Dianne Feinstein has been presided over four days of committee debate over reauthorization of the FISA Amendments Act with an iron fist and incredible subordination to the Obama Administration. The FISA Amendments Act of 2008 was set to expire, but President Obama has been pushing for its un-amended reauthorization.
- WaPo: Four Pinocchios for Dems’ Koch habit Ed Morrissey 41 minutes ago
- Russia: We may move into eastern Ukraine to protect ethnic Russians there too Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Has DoJ blocked a corruption probe into Reid, Lee? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- House Dems whipping against ObamaCare fix Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- NYT: Sink loss “devastating” for Democrats, was driven by ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago