The FISA Amendments Act largely exempted the federal government from having to work through a special court system in order to obtain warrants to monitor communications involving Americans. While President Obama was in the Senate, he opposed the legislation. Now that he's actually wielding the levers of...
In response to:
Democrats are in the process of trying gut the Second Amendment. FISA reauthorization is cutting a wide path through the Fourth Amendment. Mr. Obama, yesterday snipped the corners off the Twenty-Seventh Amendment through executive order. There are so many examples of where the president has bypassed or ignored constitutional directives for the president and the executive department. The LIV's (Low Information Voters) neither know nor care, and indeed, the rest of the country is fixated on policies specifically upsetting their lives. The MSM is nowhere to be found on these issues since they are entranced with the One. This Republic is a large powerful stone being chipped away one tiny piece at a time, soon to be gone.
Senate Intelligence Committee Chair Dianne Feinstein has been presided over four days of committee debate over reauthorization of the FISA Amendments Act with an iron fist and incredible subordination to the Obama Administration. The FISA Amendments Act of 2008 was set to expire, but President Obama has been pushing for its un-amended reauthorization.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 5 hours ago