The FISA Amendments Act largely exempted the federal government from having to work through a special court system in order to obtain warrants to monitor communications involving Americans. While President Obama was in the Senate, he opposed the legislation. Now that he's actually wielding the levers of...
In response to:
Democrats are in the process of trying gut the Second Amendment. FISA reauthorization is cutting a wide path through the Fourth Amendment. Mr. Obama, yesterday snipped the corners off the Twenty-Seventh Amendment through executive order. There are so many examples of where the president has bypassed or ignored constitutional directives for the president and the executive department. The LIV's (Low Information Voters) neither know nor care, and indeed, the rest of the country is fixated on policies specifically upsetting their lives. The MSM is nowhere to be found on these issues since they are entranced with the One. This Republic is a large powerful stone being chipped away one tiny piece at a time, soon to be gone.
Senate Intelligence Committee Chair Dianne Feinstein has been presided over four days of committee debate over reauthorization of the FISA Amendments Act with an iron fist and incredible subordination to the Obama Administration. The FISA Amendments Act of 2008 was set to expire, but President Obama has been pushing for its un-amended reauthorization.
- Uh oh: GOP’s vulnerable candidate start showing off their internal polls Noah Rothman 11 mins ago
- In America, we don’t kill the Ebola dog Jazz Shaw 52 mins ago
- Matt Lewis shames the press for laughing at Bristol Palin’s physical assault Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago