When Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, Robert Livingston and Roger Sherman sat down to draft the Declaration of Independence, they began with a "Bill of Particulars" against King George III. They accused the monarch of "repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States." Now, 236 years later, "We the People" are about to decide whom we should hire as our chief executive and commander in chief. It's an appropriate time to review the grievances of our Founding Fathers -- and examine the offenses committed by our present head of state.
- Kansas Dems reportedly trying to recruit … Kathleen Sebelius for Senate Allahpundit 48 minutes ago
- Lerner, DoJ discussed criminal prosecution of tax-exempt applicants Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Ukrainian forces advancing in east as showdown nears Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Detroit cuts deal with retired first responders on pensions Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Did we miss the al-Qaeda convention? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Bloomberg to spend $50 million to “outmuscle” the NRA Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago