Remember how the president's "major address" this afternoon was supposed to contain a significant "reframing" of his economic message heading into November? White House officials hyped this speech as a meaningful shift in rhetoric and approach, even as they conceded the president's comments would contain no new ideas. They were correct on the latter point, but astonishingly, the president didn't even follow through on the former pledge -- which was ostensibly the entire purpose of the speech. Obama essentially repackaged the exact same speech he delivered in April, but inserted the names "Romney" and "Bush" a few more times. ...
How about extending Update II to have a visible "Debt Clock" running during Romney's speeches ? He could include some references to how many houses, cars, weeks groceries for a family, health insurance policies, etc. are lost during the time of the speech to pay for the booze on Nancy's plane and all the other wasted government expenditures. I remember how effective the brutal pounding of " Day ___ " was during the Carter hostage fiasco. Also how about a " Daisy " award for the most heinous Obama advertisement of the week ? GBUSA
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 4 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 6 hours ago