Remember how the president's "major address" this afternoon was supposed to contain a significant "reframing" of his economic message heading into November? White House officials hyped this speech as a meaningful shift in rhetoric and approach, even as they conceded the president's comments would contain no new ideas. They were correct on the latter point, but astonishingly, the president didn't even follow through on the former pledge -- which was ostensibly the entire purpose of the speech. Obama essentially repackaged the exact same speech he delivered in April, but inserted the names "Romney" and "Bush" a few more times. ...
How about extending Update II to have a visible "Debt Clock" running during Romney's speeches ? He could include some references to how many houses, cars, weeks groceries for a family, health insurance policies, etc. are lost during the time of the speech to pay for the booze on Nancy's plane and all the other wasted government expenditures. I remember how effective the brutal pounding of " Day ___ " was during the Carter hostage fiasco. Also how about a " Daisy " award for the most heinous Obama advertisement of the week ? GBUSA
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago