Team Obama conducted nightly surveys of 9,000 likely voters in 10 battleground states. Because of those surveys, campaign manager Jim Messina told the gathering, "We thought we knew exactly where the electorate was." The campaign's targeting was so tight that national field...
I was one who volunteered to "Get Out the Vote". I rang about 200 doorbells a day. I heard many jest about Obama's credentials as a "Community Organizer" and people laughed. Impressed? Yes! I was handed 10 sheets of data every morning. Names, Addresses, if they voted last election, Union member and if so, what union. I jotted down their approximate time they would vote and it they didn't vote by one hour later, someone called them. Very thorough. Elections are no longer won by only voting. If you want your candidate to win, you need to invest your time in your community and writing checks to the campaign! If you want to lose the election, sit back and pontificate on your thoughts on forums like this! Get involved!
President Obama won re-election in part because his crack campaign team understood 2012 voters and put together an impressive ground operation. Out of professional respect, Republicans should refrain from cracking jokes about the president's erstwhile profession, community organizing. That's what I took away from recordings of Harvard's Institute of Politics quadrennial presidential campaign autopsy, which were released Monday.
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 40 mins ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 2 hour ago
- Stemwinder: Rand Paul rips Obama’s Syria plan, McCain, Kerry, Hillary, interventionists, anti-war hypocrites, you name it Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Congressman: The CIA thinks Obama’s strategy of arming Syrian moderates is “doomed to failure” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Ukrainian President warns joint session of Congress of the ‘new Cold War’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago