Team Obama conducted nightly surveys of 9,000 likely voters in 10 battleground states. Because of those surveys, campaign manager Jim Messina told the gathering, "We thought we knew exactly where the electorate was." The campaign's targeting was so tight that national field...
I was one who volunteered to "Get Out the Vote". I rang about 200 doorbells a day. I heard many jest about Obama's credentials as a "Community Organizer" and people laughed. Impressed? Yes! I was handed 10 sheets of data every morning. Names, Addresses, if they voted last election, Union member and if so, what union. I jotted down their approximate time they would vote and it they didn't vote by one hour later, someone called them. Very thorough. Elections are no longer won by only voting. If you want your candidate to win, you need to invest your time in your community and writing checks to the campaign! If you want to lose the election, sit back and pontificate on your thoughts on forums like this! Get involved!
President Obama won re-election in part because his crack campaign team understood 2012 voters and put together an impressive ground operation. Out of professional respect, Republicans should refrain from cracking jokes about the president's erstwhile profession, community organizing. That's what I took away from recordings of Harvard's Institute of Politics quadrennial presidential campaign autopsy, which were released Monday.
- Video: Months later, ObamaCare exchanges still aren’t working properly Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- The obligatory “LA woman in labor can’t cross street because of Obama’s motorcade” post Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Time: The West is losing Cold War II Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Arizona inmate takes nearly two hours to die by lethal injection in botched execution Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ISIS reportedly orders women and girls of Mosul to undergo ‘genital mutilation’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- WaPo editorial: Why is the world ignoring Hamas’ depravity? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago