Team Obama conducted nightly surveys of 9,000 likely voters in 10 battleground states. Because of those surveys, campaign manager Jim Messina told the gathering, "We thought we knew exactly where the electorate was." The campaign's targeting was so tight that national field...
I was one who volunteered to "Get Out the Vote". I rang about 200 doorbells a day. I heard many jest about Obama's credentials as a "Community Organizer" and people laughed. Impressed? Yes! I was handed 10 sheets of data every morning. Names, Addresses, if they voted last election, Union member and if so, what union. I jotted down their approximate time they would vote and it they didn't vote by one hour later, someone called them. Very thorough. Elections are no longer won by only voting. If you want your candidate to win, you need to invest your time in your community and writing checks to the campaign! If you want to lose the election, sit back and pontificate on your thoughts on forums like this! Get involved!
President Obama won re-election in part because his crack campaign team understood 2012 voters and put together an impressive ground operation. Out of professional respect, Republicans should refrain from cracking jokes about the president's erstwhile profession, community organizing. That's what I took away from recordings of Harvard's Institute of Politics quadrennial presidential campaign autopsy, which were released Monday.
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 29 minutes ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago