It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for...
I suggest you might try to volunteer in a section 8 area and then come back to tell us what you've learned. Funny comments from a Girl Scout......try life-long volunteer for those less fortunate whether it be elderly, families in crises or children. There are always those who misuse the system but the majority are truly in need. I see wealthy Americans who only pay 11% in taxes also....and it might be legal but it is shameful.
- YouGov poll: Majority thinks it’s unfair to criticize presidents for playing golf Allahpundit 27 mins ago
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 3 hours ago