It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for...
I suggest you might try to volunteer in a section 8 area and then come back to tell us what you've learned. Funny comments from a Girl Scout......try life-long volunteer for those less fortunate whether it be elderly, families in crises or children. There are always those who misuse the system but the majority are truly in need. I see wealthy Americans who only pay 11% in taxes also....and it might be legal but it is shameful.
- Clapper to intel community: You’ve done great work … on ISIS Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- Cindy Sheehan: Let’s face it, some liberals support Obama’s wars because of reverse racism Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, C.P. Snow and the science vs. culture battle Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Christie: I am certainly unimpressed with Obama’s leadership on ISIS Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Secret Service missed an armed ex-con … in elevator … with President Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- NY Gov candidate deploys new version of “Daisy” ad Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago