Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
It is the unchanged heart of mankind and the actions of the unrepentent that do evil like the shottings in Connectiicutt. Not the gun. Then need to come before the Holy God and acknowledge their evil behaviour and turn away from it, accepting God's Son as their Lord and Saviour. That is where the bad behaviour finds change to righteous behaviour. It's not done by government but by God.
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 10 mins ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 49 mins ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Journalist quits Ferguson after denouncing the media’s behavior Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Ben Rhodes: We won’t necessarily limit our airstrikes against ISIS to Iraq Allahpundit 3 hours ago