Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
The heart of sinful mankind is despicably wicked. Ever since the religions teachings that were the basis of the Republic known as the USA were striipped from the schools and public forum, the behaviour of the American people has lowered each generation. The Founders said that 'only a moral and religious people can rule themselves". The Progressives have taken all knowledge of moral and religious training from the public forum and replaced is with nothing by air. Now the evil that is adherent in Christ-less mankind is bubbling to the surface of public life, encouraged by people like the current President (remember Occupy Wallstreet"?) Unless there is a clarion call for the un-repentent of society to come to God, this is not end.
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago