The LDS Church announced that they were "onboard" with the decision. However, I believe that the author of this column is right. The camel's nose is in the tent, so to speak. The next logical step is to allow gay adult leaders because the gay scouts will not feel fully included since they won't have "role models with whom they can fully identify." At that point the LDS Church will, I'm sure, pull out. They already have a Duty to God program in place and have been using it for a few years now in other countries to fill the role of scouting.
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago