The LDS Church announced that they were "onboard" with the decision. However, I believe that the author of this column is right. The camel's nose is in the tent, so to speak. The next logical step is to allow gay adult leaders because the gay scouts will not feel fully included since they won't have "role models with whom they can fully identify." At that point the LDS Church will, I'm sure, pull out. They already have a Duty to God program in place and have been using it for a few years now in other countries to fill the role of scouting.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago