After the grisly massacre in Colorado no one will attend weekend showings of The Dark Knight Rises with expectations of a rollicking, uplifting, feel-good night at the movies. But even before its association with horrifying images of real-life mass murder, this final installment in the current Batman series suffered from serious deficiencies in terms of its fun factor. It’s wrong to suggest that the movie provoked the killings in its midnight Aurora premiere, but those crimes do, in a sense, expose the nihilistic darkness at the heart of the film...
Military-looking does not make it "military-grade" whatever that is. As far as I know the only thing that makes a firearm "military-grade" is automatic capabilities, which is illegal for civilians. Just because it looks like a military firearm does not make it operate any different from hunting firearms.
Editors' note: this column originally appeared at the Daily Beast.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 4 hours ago