The past year has not been kind to the most potent symbols of climate change hysteria. Consider the polar bears. Among the most moving images of the warmists' warnings was the solitary polar bear, supposedly marooned on an ice floe. The image became iconic after it was published in Science Magazine....
Better question, would a little warming be beneficial, longer growing seasons, rotation of farming to new environs, lower home heating costs, etc. And some of us might end up with that oceanfront property we've always dreamed of.
In a better world, debates about science -- and nearly everything else -- would be conducted without resort to demagoguery, sentimentality, cynical manipulation, or hysteria. In the world we inhabit, those tactics are dismayingly routine. Still, the great weakness of overwrought predictions of doom is that they can be checked.
- Friday night document dump: Yet another “accommodation” on HHS mandate Ed Morrissey 48 mins ago
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago