We are at a stalemate over therapeutic abortion. Neither side can get two-thirds vote to change things.
In the three days of "speechifying" that constituted the 2012 Republican National Convention, precious little time or rhetoric was devoted to the topic of abortion. While Messrs Romney and Ryan (along with notable speakers including Condoleezza Rice and Marco Rubio) delivered rousing speeches certain to ignite the conservative base, the American people heard little from Republicans about the death toll of the unborn in America – a staggering number which tops 50 million and continues to climb. Instead, the focus of Republicans this election cycle is on jobs, the economy, and the debt/deficit debacle. It is on these...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 7 hours ago