China seems to be reproducing the economics of Ferdinand Marcos on a much larger scale. Either the communist apparatchiks get away with billions hidden overseas at the end of this and leave a continent more impoverished than they found it or there is going to be a bloody revolution the likes of which no one has ever seen. It all depends on what the mid-level officers in the military and the police do. I don't see a happy ending here.
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago