In response to:
In a way this is the same thing France did thirty years ago when it mandated a shorter work week in order to drive down unemployment. There was an apparent short-term gain in employment, but the long term effect was to further stifle the economy, and they then doubled down and made it nearly impossible to fire anyone. Expect more of the same here.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago