In response to:
In a way this is the same thing France did thirty years ago when it mandated a shorter work week in order to drive down unemployment. There was an apparent short-term gain in employment, but the long term effect was to further stifle the economy, and they then doubled down and made it nearly impossible to fire anyone. Expect more of the same here.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago